Looking for The Perfect Road Trip Essential List to have the most memorable summer with your loved ones? Learn of 7 things you must have for your Road Trip Checklist to be complete! It is officially Summer and it already seems to be flying by, isn’t it? We have a lot of fun things planned for us to do this summer! Including one big road trip at the end of next month. I can’t wait to go on the road with my family, to hear the screams of laughter ( and a few fights because… siblings) and enjoy all the must have essentials that we need to have with us while we enjoy some quality time together.
A few of you reached out asking what are some basic essentials that you need when taking a long road trip. Luckily, I’ve done this a time or two, so I have a few tricks up my sleeve to make it as easy and smooth as possible. Here are my essentials for one amazing road trip.
Now that you are thinking about a Summer road trip of your own, here are the essentials:
- Your License – It sounds pretty obvious right now but there was a time where I actually forgot my driver’s license! Lucky I was able to turn around with only a few minutes into our trip to get it but that was a pretty scary situation just in case I would have been pulled over. Not only do you need to make sure you have your license, but also that it’s valid, please check and even double check a few days before you travel to make sure everything is in order.
- Cash- Living in an age where not many places take cash, I still like to be old school and carry a few extra dollars in my pocket just to be on the safe side. There may be some occasions where you aren’t able to use a credit card or you can’t get an ATM for the next 20 minutes. You honestly just never know, so it’s always good to be prepared.
- Snacks and Drinks – While many road trips may be a short distance away, most of our road trips that we enjoy take a few hours, so in order to pass the time, it’s always great to have a few snacks and drinks to bring along on the journey. I’d pack an entire cooler filled with various items such as squeezable yogurt, cut up fruits and vegetables, sandwiches, Caprisun and water bottles. I’ll even put in a few empty cups to use so I don’t have to stop at a gas station to grab everything on the way. The cooler is easy to keep things in one location too.
4. Car Safety – Another obvious answer but if you’re planning on taking a long road trip with your family, you need to make sure that your car is able to bring you from point a to point b. To ensure that everything is up to date according to your car manual, I would suggest bringing your vehicle to a reliable dealership. If you live in the Georgia area, I would suggest taking your car to Urban Motor Works. This body shop was created to protect you in the ever changing collision environment. They guarantee quality and safety of the modern day vehicle and provide you with extremely high level knowledge and state of the art equipment to help repair and make sure your vehicle is in the best condition. They also have low overhead costs, which allows them to work with shops on labor rates . The friendly staff offers a variety of services including pre-diagnosis with repair procedures and labor times, four wheel alignments, steering angle rest, hub and bearing press, diagnostics of drivability issues post or pre repair as well as wire harness, engine overhauls, AC evacuation and recharge. Doesn’t it give you a peace of mind to know that your car is ready for the trip, just as much are you are? I know it does for me and thanks to everyone at Urban Motor Works for keeping myself and my family safe during our fun adventures.
5. Games – While it may be difficult to keep everyone entertained depending on how long your drive is, kids eventually get bored rather quickly which can make the journey even more exhausting for everyone. If you don’t have a DVD player in your car, load up a tablet with the newest movies and games for the kids to enjoy. As always, you can always go back to easy games that you used to play as a kid like “Eye Spy”, Punch Buggie or the license plate game.
6. Books – There’s truly nothing like a good engaging book to read if that is your kind of thing. And a journal to write in or you can create yourself prior to going on your road trip. Personally, If I am not driving and I have a book I have been meaning to catch up on, this is the perfect time to get lost in the words and storyline I have been meaning to enjoy for quite some time now. This form of entertainment is especially handy when you come across dead service spots where mobile devices and technology may not be of much use.
7. A First Aid Kit– While this may be scary to think about, you can never be too prepared for something to go wrong when driving. From minor incidents to bigger ones, this is a great kit to have with you at all times. In your kit I would suggest having the following; bandages ( both Band Aids for small cuts and ones for serious wounds ) hydrogen peroxide, a flashlight, matches, an emergency blanket and a cell phone charger. Of course this is a small list, so if there are other big things that you need to have as well, such as medicine or EpiPens, make sure to put that in your First Aid kit as well.
Will you create your own list for traveling this summer? If so, I would love to hear what you will include on your list!
I’m sure there are many more things you may need to check or add to your list to make sure it’s the perfect road trip, but these 7 essential ones are my top things that I use. The best part about all of this is that you’re creating memories with your loved ones. So remember to go and explore, take a deep breath and enjoy the moments you share together.
This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. (which means I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
We are encouraged and inspired when affirmations and our journey is shared and celebrated in community. Learn more about our Radiant Community and what great value this space can provide as I continue to share creative content curtailed to your needs.
It is my desire to continue adding value to your life and to inspire you to live a radiant life as a believer and creator. As a result here is a list of free classes available to you if you ever had an interest in learning a new craft or bettering a craft you already have:
Check Out CreativeLive’s Free On-Air Classes
Access the world’s best creative library anytime, all year with the Creator Pass!
Get ready to take some notes by grabbing your Radiant Pearl crown pen and Traveler’s Notebook so you don’t forget anything and have all your Radiant thoughts in one pretty and convenient place.
As always, I am so delighted you are here and interested in becoming the Radiant Pearl you were created to be and join our sisters as we create, inspire and encourage each other in community. If you would like the details to become an official member for free or simply want reminders and access to continued freebies, subscribe below and PIN THIS POST for your future reference!
View this post on Instagram
Enter into ??? ??? ?? ??? ????!! No matter what you are going through, simply find time to pursue and produce plans that lead you to ??? ???, ???? ???! ✨? . . . . . . . . . #HappyFriday #JoyofTheLord #Jesus #SheReadsTruth #HisGraceGirls #RadiantPearlLiving #SavvyBusinessOwner #MyCreativeBiz #CreativeHappyLife #CalledToBeCreative #MyOwnBoss #TheEveryDayGirl #creativeentrepreneur #MakersGonnaMake #TCCTribe #saltandlight #WomenInBusiness #Ladypreneur #infopreneur #theeverygirl #womenwithambition #bossbabe #BloomYellow #CreateToCultivate