This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. (which means I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
Below is the podcast version of this article for you. If you’d like to listen on your favorite Podcast app, just type “Radiant Pearl Living” in the search and you can listen and subscribe.
What does it mean to be sensational anyway?
Merriam Webster Dictionary defines it as: exceedingly or unexpectedly excellent or great.
We all want to be just that, Great, Unexpectedly and Exceedingly great-sensational.
Here Are Some Questions We will Answer in this post:
- What is the importance of planning?
- What is effective planning?
- How does planning help you?
- How does planning help achieve goals?
- What are the reasons for planning?
So let’s explore 12 ways planning can help you get to that sensational place of being:
What is Effective Planning?
- Brain dump all your ideas and goals of what you would like to accomplish. Often times, we have so much swirling around our heads and one of the ways to achieve clarity so you can plan effectively is to incorporate the practice of dumping all the ideas you have on a Brain dump sheet.
- Start to organize and map out what you would like to get done by what time. Give yourself the gift of time to effectively put your plan into effect.
Tailwind is a planning tool that makes it easy to organize and map out visually your content to share with your audience:
- 3. Add a due date and ultimate deadline to accomplish your goal. For all the procrastinators out there this is a must.
- 4. Outline smaller tasks to help you get to the place of completion for your goal.
If you decide to give the visual planning tool-Tailwind for Instagram a chance, new users can try Tailwind free for up to 30 scheduled Instagram posts. It is NOT a time-based free trial.
Tailwind is a Pinterest and Instagram Partner. I love that you can use this tool to share fresh new content you wish to promote to your audience and those you collaborate with consistently.Tailwind Visual Planning
How does planning help you?
- 5. For exceptional results you know you must apply exceptional steps to succeed. Nothing worth having in life will come easily or without work and sacrifice. So, what are you willing to sacrifice to see some of your plans turn to reality?
- 6. Have a tool or two you use for planning and stick to it! You can tweak your strategy from time to time, especially if you see your system needs improvement.
- 7. Be willing to stick with a plan of action for at least three months to build consistency and see if your strategy really works or if you just did not gain any traction due to lack of consistency.
How does planning help achieve goals?
- 8. When you plan, you can envision the steps that are necessary to reach your goals faster. Visualizing makes all the difference because if you can see yourself reaching for the goal and getting closer to that goal, you will eventually achieve it.
- 9. Tracking and evaluating whether your plans in motion are effective is a great benefit to planning in advance. There are so many awesome tools today that make the review side of things so effective and ultimately rewarding to see if your actions are paying off. There’s nothing like knowing that what you are doing day by day is making a difference and bringing you closer to your goal towards wealth in various forms and financial freedom.
- 10. One of the most effective ways I have seen brands grow leaps and bounds and people truly take off is to have a plan in place for collaboration. Relationships can take the content you are creating to the eyes of audiences who need what you have to offer. If you support and continue to build relationships with those you can show up and serve in the present, collaboration opportunities will present themselves. You must show yourself to be a friend first.
What are the reasons for Planning?
- 11. Planning will lead you to where you want to go. Plan to connect with people who are in line with your goals and where you are headed. Chances are, you know me personally or you found me through a friend, a post or a Summit I recently spoke in because I connected with the right people and showed myself to be a friend first. There are a lot of experts around. However, the ones who get opportunities after opportunities are the ones who value partnerships and provide value to those whom they are reaching for.
- 12. Deliver Excellence while you plan for more. Abundance can be yours as you plan to be sensational! To further help you with this endeavor, I’ve put together a system I’ve used to plan for a radiant life I love and It is an honor to share this system with you entitled “The Fearless Creator Method.” A printable guide and electronic done for you system you can use right now.
This episode, you’ll find a heightened sense of sensations due to some additional elements never heard before included for your listening pleasure.
Episode 13 Journaling & Planning Takeaways:
- Lisa Barry of Lisa Barry Media, Radio Personality and Show Host:
Stacy, it is such an honor to be on your podcast. I love the topic of journaling so much. In fact, I’m sure people around me just get tired of me talking about it. But I’ve been keeping journals for 30 years. And I’ll tell you why it’s so important to me. Because several years ago, I went back and I read one of my journal entries, and I was so distraught.
It was a season in my life when I was not getting along with a boss and I felt so disrespected. And I thought what am I even doing with my life? And I was just asking God to do some amazing miracles to fix this problem. I thought, you know, the way God was gonna fix it was like getting this person fired.
But guess what, as I read this entry, the tears just flowed because I realized God did work it out. Not that way. Not by removing the boss that was so difficult, but God changed me and helped me to be able to bear up under it and I got strong and got one And I was able to make it through. And I realized, wow, I would have forgotten all of that had I not written it down in a journal.
I feel like those God moments in our lives are like pearls just like here, podcasts, radiant Pearl, every one of these moments where God intersects into our daily lives and helps us find our way. It’s a pearl, one after another. We’ve got a beautiful, staggeringly expensive necklace.
You know, that’s how the Bible got written. People were just writing about how God was intersecting in the lives of everyday people like you and me, and I’m going to give you the best tip that I know of for journaling. And that is, be as raw and honest as you can.
Don’t try to make it pretty Don’t try to make it clever. And if you sit down and you don’t know what to write about, all you have to do is ask yourself, What am I feeling I Feel so….What? What do you feel? you just have to get it started.
And once you start writing, usually it’s hard to keep up with the pen. And the funny thing is not only is it great to be able to have these moments down on paper to be able to refer back to to see God’s faithfulness, but it’s therapeutic.
I mean, it’s proven that when you have all these thoughts jumbled in your head, it causes anxiety, get them out of your head and onto paper where you can speak the truth to them. Stacy, journaling has such a ripple effect of positivity. If I can even influence one person to give it a shot.
- Simone Hartley-Content Creator
In order to plan a life that you love, it is all about personal development. Take the time each day to develop yourself into the person you want to be, to live the life you want. If you want to be at a level 10 in all areas of your life (Finances, relationships, health..) your personal development is going to have to be at a level 10. Be committed to work on yourself each day and you will gradually see the changes in your life.
Make time to work on yourself before you even get your day started, to meditate, exercise and journal. It only takes a little bit of time every single day to change your situation. If you’re going to start anywhere, you have to start with yourself.
Planning Encouragement Continued…
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. ~Ephesians 3:20
Let your faith combined with exceptional planning make you Exceedingly great at what you do and what you hope to accomplish.
So go ahead, leave us a note below or send us a voicemail to take the 1st step that so many neglect doing, simply because they fail to plan. Be sensational and share your story.