Hi Radiant Pearl!
In this episode of Radiant Pearl Living-RPL Live …
The idea of your Story matters and Writing Well continues with a focused exploration on Faith and Prayer during this series of talk and encouragement for Lent. Have you thought about your personal story and why it matters? we will continue to discuss the power of your personal story, prayer, journaling and community through discussions in our Facebook Group and on Clubhouse throughout this series.
You’ll want to make sure you have a designated space to record and get clear on your personal story. If you would like more help with this and have a story to share when it comes to your home-learn more here for an opportunity to be featured as a co-author in our upcoming book and have your story shared in audio format as well in an upcoming series to be released on our Podcast.
You may need a jumpstart and inspiration to get your home in order, if so, I’d love to invite you to Declutter Radiantly so you can get all the tools you need to start decluttering and have a clear space to envision, write and accomplish incredible things in your life, blog, podcast or business.
Today’s episode is brought to you by:
The Radiant Pearl Prayer Journal Package, created to equip you for Faith-Filled Moments recorded intentionally each day through prayer, worship, journaling and Bible Study.
Learn more at https://thefearlesscreator.com/radiantclub Or text radiantpearl to 74121
If you are a new listener to Radiant Pearl Living-RPL Live with Stacy Zant, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
*Radiant Pearl Message of Encouragement:
( Using the PEARL Scripture Study Method)
I woke up this morning, pulled out my prayer journal & just started to write. This Episode was not planned or scheduled in advance, but sometimes you just have to move, listen and respond to what the Holy Spirit nudges you to do. Around this time two years ago, I was compelled to write and encourage in another way through blogging. Last year, I did an extensive study on worship as I researched what Lent is all about. I not only wrote about it, but recorded an earlier episode entitled “Do Apostolics Practice Lent”? This year, I am deeply committed to deepening my faith and others people’s faith in Spite Of!
With my recent release of The Radiant Pearl Prayer Journal Package, planner and resources created and designed to take intentional steps to strengthen our walk, our relationship with Christ & deepen our Faith in Him. I am going through my personal share of disappointments and delayed promises, but I remind myself daily to have hope and continue to trust in the Lord. All of what we have gone through has made my husband and I stronger, more mature, patient, wiser and determined as believers and leaders in the body of Christ.
The road we are on is less traveled and the journey is not easy, but we must still have faith. This past Sunday, we had a visiting evangelist, Tim Greene and his lovely wife (Lois Greene) was featured on a previous episode (Episode 15) visit and preach at our church. Faith building stories & testimonies were shared, reminding us just how blessed we are and if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, what our God is able to do.
- Pray: Lord, thank you for making me a lady of great faith as I know and embrace that God’s faithfulness is ever present. I give it all to you Jesus, Have your way in me and my friend listening today. We want to see revival and your kingdom here. Let everything I do, we do, be a form of worship unto you.
- Examine: What is Faith? “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” ~Hebrews 11:1 What is substance? Essential Nature, Essence, A fundamental or characteristic part or quality. Ultimate Reality that underlies all outward manifestations & change.
- Application: As a Radiant Pearl I am reminded to have faith, the tests and trials in life are meant to make me stronger and more refined as a gem of great value. I know that all things are working together for my good (Romans 8:28) I know, I am called according to His purpose and can remain strong, grounded, rooted and unashamed. Although I have faith I am reminded that “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” I must take action, pray, believe, be still and then do as the spirit leads. Be encouraged to make plans heartily, prayerfully and succinctly (in a brief & clearly expressed manner).
- Read: Psalm 32:7 “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah
- Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- James 1:3 “Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.”
- James 2:17 “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.”
- Romans 10:17 “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.”
- Matthew 17:20 “…If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.”
Final Call to Actions:
As we continue to share multigenerational stories that inspire, I want to invite you to tell a friend about this podcast. Tag me on Instagram or Facebook what was your greatest takeaway from this episode (when it comes to recognizing that all you need is small seed faith to move mountains with prayer & power in your life?)
Remember, we love being social and hearing from you! So connect with each other and me on Instagram @LadyStacyZant and @RadiantPearlLiving where I personally respond and reshare your highlights of your takeaway when you tag me! You can also connect on the Radiant Pearl Living Facebook page and group! Use #RadiantPearlWritingWell for a chance to be featured.
If you are a person who loves to see, watch and do, we plan to bring more live interviews to you over on our YouTube channel!
- Outro-Listen to the stories of our elders, millennial mentees who’ve become mentors themselves as you strive to find your purpose. Delve deeper in the discussion and ideas through journal questions provided in our weekly newsletter. Thank you for listening to Radiant Pearl Living-RPL Live with Stacy Zant Visit us at RadiantPearlLiving.com/Episode31 and I look forward to connecting with you as I encourage you to live a radiant life you love!
Frequently Asked Questions:
When does Lent Start or When is Lent?
Because Lent follows the liturgical calendar, the exact date that Lent falls each year changes. Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, which is always held 46 days (40 fasting days and 6 Sundays) before Easter Sunday. – 40 Acts
What is the Meaning of Lent?
- By observing the 40 days of Lent, Christians replicate Jesus Christ’s sacrifice and withdrawal into the desert for 40 days. Lent is marked by fasting, both from food and festivities.
Christian churches that observe Lent in the 21st century (and not all do significantly) use it as a time for prayer and penance. Only a small number of people today fast for the whole of Lent, although some maintain the practice on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. It is more common these days for believers to surrender a particular vice such as favorite foods or forms of entertainment. Whatever the sacrifice it is a reflection of Jesus’ deprivation in the wilderness and a test of self-discipline. – BBC
What is Lent and Why Is It Celebrated?
Some Christians also take on a Lenten discipline, like reading the Bible and spending more time in prayer to draw nearer to God. Strict observers of Lent do not eat meat on Fridays, often opting for fish instead. The goal of these spiritual disciplines is to strengthen the faith of the observer and develop a closer relationship with God. – Learn Religions
The three main things people focus on during Lent are prayer, fasting (abstaining from something to reduce distractions and focus more on God) and giving, or charity.
Prayer during Lent focuses on our need for God’s forgiveness. It’s also about repenting (turning away from our sins) and receiving God’s mercy and love.
Fasting, or giving something up, is a very common practice during Lent. The idea is that giving up something that’s a regular part of life, like eating dessert or scrolling through Facebook, can be a reminder of Jesus’ sacrifice. That time can also be replaced with more time connecting with God. – Cru
How Long is Lent?
In Genesis, the flood which destroyed the earth was brought about by 40 days and nights of rain.
- The Hebrews spent 40 years in the wilderness before reaching the land promised to them by God.
- Moses fasted for 40 days before receiving the ten commandments on Mount Sinai.
- Jesus spent 40 days fasting in the wilderness in preparation for his ministry. (BBC)
Follow our Podcast
Follow our Host
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s journaling questions are:
- What does having faith today mean to you?
- How can you take the time to exercise mustard seed faith in your life this season?
- How will I take the time to develop the disciplines in my life on my journey(with journaling, planning and praying with faith)?
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Radiant Pearl Prayer Journal Package
- Can Bible Journaling Help You During a Crisis?
- Art Journaling Your Way To Healing Webinar
- Radiant Pearls Facebook group
- Radiant Pearl Living-Stacy Zant Create
- RPL Live Instagram page
- The Writing Well Workshop Series
Join our Community
Check Out More Radiant Pearl Living Programming
- Episode 2-Purpose, Passion and Pain
- Episode 11-Can Bible Journaling Help You During a Crisis?
- Episode 15-Journaling Techniques That Will Help You Tell Your Story w/Lois Greene
- Episode 20-How to Have Faith In Spite of Your Current Circumstances
- Episode 26-The Power of One with Danielle Grant
Need a Presenter?
Looking for free online creative classes?
Apply to Be Featured
Show Notes Sponsorship
Learn how you can sponsor future show notes and Episodes here.