This post is sponsored and may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. (which means I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
Spring is welcoming for many of us who are busy with work and school routines but COVID 10 are still concerned for many people. When figuring out where to travel during this warmer weather, choosing how and where to travel as a family this year is critical but some vacations only need a car and a plan to get there.
- Island Living: Everyone wants to imagine themselves enjoying a tropical island getaway like Jamaica but sometimes it’s not able to be experienced. For families seeking a taste of a tropical paradise, The Florida keys is the ideal springtime destination with warm weather, natural beauty and a slow pace. There are several social distanced options and family friendly areas in the stretch of 44 islands and 42 bridges. There are many adorable and affordable hotels to stay at, along the bustling Key West.
- Rent An RV: Another idea to travel this spring, but to also keep yourself safe and socially distanced from others is renting an RV and hitting the road! There are several incredible spots to stop at along the East coast. Norfolk is a great alternative for those who are looking for a coastal vacation without the crowds but still offering activities for kids. You can take a look at the harbor that offers a variety of cruises with some breathtaking views and a unique dining experience. There are also sailing lessons for fishing, crabbing or even lounging around.
Image: Furnished Apartments Atlanta
3. City Experience: Has it been a while since you’ve been to the city? There are several great cities to explore while you travel along the East Coast. The peach state offers many exciting experiences to enjoy including the Fox Theatre for a show, visiting the shops at Buckhead or the warm weather in general. Consider staying in an apartment complex instead of a hotel too! Furnished Apartments Atlanta offers short term stays if you are only wanting to explore the city for a few days. Atlanta extended stay apartments is another option if you are traveling to visit a home you are building and want home amenities while you wait. This complex offers apartments that are a home away from home such as washer and dryer, a swimming pool, fitness center and more.
4. Botanical Gardens: Be sure while you are exploring to check out all that nature offers this time of year including the botanical gardens! This is a perfect time to check out all of the gorgeous flowers, trees and enjoy the outdoors while the weather is nice and cool. Throughout the east coast there are several botanical gardens to visit, see and explore with your family. Take a small picnic along with you and enjoy the outdoors under the shade of the tree branches if you can! Go on a hiking trail throughout the various flower beds and learn new names of plants.
5. Beaches: The east coast has several gorgeous beaches to explore including the North and South Carolina ones! Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is a popular destination to travel too with plenty of entertainment, boardwalk adventures and miles of sandy beaches to enjoy. There is our all time favorite, Hilton Head and there is always something fun and relaxing to do with the kids as well such as looking for seashells, having late night bonfires or watching sea turtles hatch early during the morning sunrise.
Traveling this spring and summer does not need to be scary. There are several tips and tricks to keep you safe while we are still waiting for everyone to receive their vaccine. Continue to wear your masks, travel with hand sanitizer and wipes, wash your hands as often as you can, pack your own snacks or travel to local grocery stores that are near where you are staying, wash any produce right away, wipe down tables and chairs if you go out to eat and do your best to socially distance from those around you. As the world slowly begins to open up, take your time exploring this spring, enjoy the outdoors and create memories you’ve been wanting to create for the last year.
Follow our Podcast
Explore these Resources
- The Home Office Decluttering Checklist
- Create a Space You Live- Home Office Decluttering Edition
- Radiant Pearl Prayer Journal Package
- Art Journaling Your Way To Healing Webinar
- Radiant Pearls Facebook group
- Radiant Pearl Living-Stacy Zant Create
- RPL Live Instagram page
- The Writing Well Workshop Series